Thursday 12 March 2009

Turner Duckworth Visit



Above is the first email sent to Turner Duckworth, myself and two other students were given the email address so we could make contact and arrange a visit with our portfolios. We emailed a guy called Jamie McCathie, after a few emails back and forth, we finally arranged a time for 1.30pm, on the 5th March.  



We originally were going to meet Jamie in their studio, but due to the company having so much work, we had to meet in the pub next door, which was great, it was a lot more relaxed and less formal. We all took turns to go through our work, I went first and I decided to show my more recent work first, then went through last years portfolio. After I had finished explaining my work he went through it bit by bit and give my feedback on most pieces. It was really helpful to get another opinion on my work and advice on how I could improve parts. Jamie particularly liked my Women's Library project and gave me some helpful tips on how to work it across other media. I also showed Jamie a few little bits from my Final Major Project, which I am working on at the moment, which was really interesting because it has lead me to go down other routes I may not have gone down with my ideas, and also made me think about different ways to style it. It was a great Portfolio viewing and Jamie's advice was very beneficial, he also offered to look at our work and any ideas we produce, while we are working on the Final Major Projects, so I hope to stay in touch. After each of us had talked through our work, Jamie took us into the studio just to show us around very quickly, and it was really interesting to see that the whole of the company only consisted of around 15-20 designers, which isn't small but isn't too big either. Over all a great experience and very beneficial.   

No comments: