Friday 13 March 2009

Truth Visit


A few weeks ago I emailed Truth, originally we had a meeting arranged for the beginning of february but due to their work load they had to cancel a few times. The email above is just one of the cancellation emails.

This next email is the most recent I have sent, a few days ago, asking to rearrange our meeting, finally getting a date for my viewing. I will be going to Truth on 20th March at 11am with my portfolio, I'll keep you posted.

The Visit

On Friday 20th March I went to visit Darren Scott at Truth Design with my Portfolio, I decided to take some of my third year work too, the more feedback the better. After struggling to get through the massive red front door, I sat and discussed my work with Darren, also a girl called rebecca also sat with us and gave her input, I'm not too sure if she is another designer or if she just handles clients etc. Once again I went through all my work first then after I had finish we went back to the beginning and went through it again, this time giving advice. They both generally seemed to like my work and like Jamie from Turner Duckworthparticularly liked my Women's Library work. Because of what Ady said at True North about the format of my porfolio I decided to ask Darren what format he preferred to see when looking at Portfolios, he said he likes to see work on screen, this way you can zoom in and colours are generally brighter, small thumbnails don't do your work justice. This way you can simply bring a laptop with you show your work in a PDF format and have a few samples with aswell, also its easier to send through email if you already have a PDF created. Darren claims this his the way he presents all of his work. Towards the end Darren asked if I would like a placement, they offer 3-day placements, I would think it is because they are such a small agency. I was very pleased and didn't expect it at all, I love the work Truth have created and it will be really exciting to get involved. Rebecca took my details and said they will be in touch soon with dates, I hope to hear from them soon.  


No comments: