Saturday, 4 April 2009

A to M Visit




On the 13th March I decided to email Mike from A to M. I really like some of the work they produce, so I thought I'd get in touch. A few weeks went by and I didn't think I was going to get a reply but yesterday Mike's name had popped up in my inbox asking that I could go in with my Portfolio on the 8th April at 3pm. I am really pleased that Mike got in touch and I'm looking forward to getting some of his advice on my work. 

The Visit

On 8th April at 3pm, I went to A to M to show Mike my portfolio in progress. I arrived 15 minutes early and got buzzed in, their studio was located on the 5th floor. A to M is only a small company with only two designers, Mike and Ben. Even though it was originally Mike I was supposed to see, Ben sat down with us and also looked through my work. Firstly I showed my second year folio, and they generally liked my work. Mike liked my Observer Magazine and how I had made the type on the second spread mimic the image on the first spread. Also they thought my Typeface worked quite nicely when laid out into words. After showing them my first folio I explained that I had some of my third year work to show that was still a working progress. They both really liked my Women's Library brief, and gave me some good pointers on how I could improve the execution and make the strapline fit in with the idea a bit better, they gave some good advice that I will take on board for my final Portfolio. Mike and Ben gave a few interesting pointers on the Faber brief too and how that idea could be put across better, because the uses the idea of a film strip and is quite cliche of films its needs to be done in a good way otherwise is could look cheap etc. 
We had quite a long chat about my work and how it could be improved, but then I asked how they like to see work presented in Portfolios because it is an area that is so subjective and everyone prefers different ways of presentation. Mike simply answered as long as it good work it doesn't really matter, all he is bothered about is the quality of the work inside it. His advice was keep it short, around 5 great pieces, less is more. Never put work in that your not sure of because it will show and you may appear to be apologetic about it, just include the work your most confident about because it reflects you, this way you wont get caught out if someone asks a question about the work you don't particularly want to talk about.
Overall it was a great experience and they both gave great advice, that I will be taking on board.

34 comments:

小小 said...

快樂與人生,是最好的伴侶 ..................................................

霧氣 said...

放棄者不會勝利,勝利者永不放棄。........................................

佩璇 said...

笑口常開~~天天開心........................................

鄭珮瑜 said...

It's great!!..................................................

吳怡迪 said...

人必須心懷希望,才會活的快樂,日子才過得充實,有意義,有朝氣,有信心。........................................

AronSpriggs0223 said...

thanks................................................

o0625TaylorJ_Duraz said...

文章雖然普通,但意義卻很大~~^^~~ .........................

欣穎啟佐 said...

人必須心懷希望,才會活的快樂,日子才過得充實,有意義,有朝氣,有信心。........................................

李0825juanherzberg said...

弱者等待時機,強者製造時機........................................

韋于倫成 said...

回應是最大的支持^^y~~~甘吧嗲........................................

705RupertJ_Brobst0 said...

成人影視 台灣論壇女生 彩虹sexmovie影城 八國聯軍成人成人短片 台南視訊,080情人網 免費試看av,論壇區,色情 網站 下載色情短片 北台灣視訊援交聊天室 視訊聊天室90739 黑澀會 視訊 性福免費影片分享 成人交友mmshow avhigh視訊聊天 5i0美色女影城 ut影音視訊聊天室13077 情色網站live 南台灣美女視訊 性愛貼圖區 成人聊天室ut ut網際空間聊天 kk視訊,色情 a 片 一夜情 免費成人 免費視訊聊天 msn 免費成年人影片 777成人區 亞洲藝人辣妹自拍 85cc成人片觀看 完美情人視訊聊天室 新 avhigh視訊交友 性愛俱樂部 一夜情sex999免費影片 免費a片卡通 捷克論壇 s383情色大網咖情人視訊網 111av影片 美眉 線上LIVE 美女視訊聊天網 微風成人免費成人遊戲 免費影音hibb 5278cc免費影片 高雄視訊辣妹自拍 免費聊天 d760 免費e爵娛樂 a片免費試看avdvd 色漫畫帝國sex888免費看影 台南視訊,免費18遊戲 plusz色女人專用 色妹妹天堂免費情慾影片觀賞 919sex色片直播網 免費 aa 片試看,成人影片分享 情色論壇sex貼片

ShilaL_Kappler said...

your english is incredible............................................................

暴枝盈 said...

blog的用心,看得出來~~請加油..................................................

雲亨 said...

I guess I will need a lot..................................................

博行 said...

這麼好的部落格,以後看不到怎麼辦啊!!......................................................................

黃允妏 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」....................................................................

郁雨郁雨 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。....................................................................

凱文凱文 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

育隆 said...

如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。.................................................................

香昱信張君林 said...

蛛絲馬跡皆學問、落花水面皆文章............................................................

芸茂芸茂 said...

Practice what you preach.............................................................

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

開心不開心都是一天,祝您能夠笑著面對一切!............................................................

于倫 said...

Better be the head of a dog than the tail of a lion...................................................................

香昱信張君林 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。..................................................

王美妹 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough. ............................................................

許惠吟許惠吟 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

奕蕭君 said...

Learning makes life sweet.............................................................

家唐銘 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼....................................................

惠宛佳桂 said...

尼采:「一棵樹要長得更高,接受更多的光明,那麼它的根就必須更深入黑暗。」............................................................

红十字 said...

快樂,是享受工作過程的結果..................................................

幸家陳瑋齊 said...

獨居時,要反省自己的過錯;在社會大眾之間,則要忘卻別人的過失。..................................................

士文婷文婷松 said...

教育的目的,不在應該思考什麼,而是教吾人怎樣思考......................................................................

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

張王雅竹欣虹 said...

每次看完你的文章,總是回味許久,要經常發表喔。..................................................